Short Film Contest:Film The Future
Updated: Jun 4, 2020
Recent events have provided a historic opportunity to reflect on our global problems. We have started conversations on how to achieve a peaceful, more egalitarian, prosperous, and self-sustainable world and are working on novel ideas on how to revive the economy and support businesses. All these ideas constitute a collective knowledge that must be shared and used.
The Consulate General of Mexico in Los Angeles invites you to record a 58-second short film through which you explain your opinion about the world that you want us all to build and the pathways you consider possible to achieve it. Understanding the problems, we face and linking them to concrete solutions are the first steps in building a better global environment.
Among the topics that can be addressed are interpersonal relationships, discrimination, consumption patterns, care for the environment, means to support for small and medium entrepreneurs, respect for cultural and ethnic differences, international cooperation, building community, universal access to health and education services, respect for human rights, gender equality, and acknowledging the contributions of those who perform essential tasks such as migrant agricultural workers, doctors and nurses, etc.
This is not an exhaustive list, choose the topic that you consider a priority.
Since Mexico favors intercultural dialogue to fight the resurgence of racism, discrimination and hate speech, the contest is open to all nationalities residing in Los Angeles.
The contest is open for people in the Greater Los Angeles area.
1. Each participant will upload their short film TO THEIR OWN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT -in feed and stories- using the hashtag #FilmaElFuturo and TAGGING the Instagram account of the Cultural and Cinematographic Center of the Consulate General of Mexico, @cccmla_ no later than June 22nd 2020.
2. The videos must be recorded on cell phones, in a format compatible with Instagram.
3. VIDEOS CANNOT EXCEED 58 SECONDS LONG
4. From June 24th to July 1st , the contestant videos will be shared (REPOST) in the feed of the Instagram account of the Cultural and Cinematographic Center of the Consulate General of Mexico, @cccmla_ where the public will be able to give “LIKES” to the videos they consider must win the contest. Every LIKE will be equivalent to one vote. The LIKES that we will count are the ones @cccmla_ account.
5. The videos with the highest number of votes will win first and second place respectively. Prizes will be announced before voting begins.
6. There will be another first place that will be awarded by a jury made up of outstanding persons, including some from the world of cinematography, a representative of a production house, and a representative of the United States Mexico Chamber of Commerce, California regional chapter.
7. A prize will also be awarded to a short film chosen by the Consulate General of Mexico, which will consist of a commemorative medal.
8. Only one video will be received for each participating Instagram account.
9. The videos cannot include parts of other videos, music or images that do not have reproduction rights.
10. Videos must contain original material.
11. Videos must be presented either in Spanish or English, if they are subtitled, they will have more opportunities to be voted.
12. Voting will take place in the @cccmla_ Instagram feed, starting on Wednesday, June 24th 2020 at 10:00 am PDT and will end on Wednesday, July 1st 2020, at 10:00 pm PDT. Photos of the votes of each of the videos will be made public through Instagram and social networks.
13. The Consulate General of Mexico reserves the right not to show the videos that it considers have a content contrary to the objective of this call, or that could be offensive to any person, ethnic group or country.
14. Participants give the right to the Mexican Consulate General in Los Angeles and the Mexico Cultural and Cinematographic Center (CCCM), to widely disseminate all the short films on their Internet, social media and other means that it considers appropriate.
15. Minor participants must accompany the video with a certificate from one of their parents or guardians authorizing them to participate in the contest (included below).
16. By sending their applications, participants accept that the results of the voting and the jury are final.
17. Any matter not covered in this call will be resolved by the jury indicated above.
1. Deadline for submission of short films: June 22nd, 2020 (participant’s feed)
2. Short film exhibition dates and voting: June 24th to July 1st (@cccmla_ feed)
3. Online awarding event and presentation of the winning short films: July 8th, 2020
The collection of the best 58 second videos will become a film, reflecting the ideas and feelings about the imagined post-Covid future. This film will be screened at a premier in a “futuristic -new normal, social distancing approved” venue, during 2020 (date TBD).
NO COST OF ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION
For more information write to: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: Please write legibly. All sections must be complete and sent with an attached photograph/cover of the video by DIRECT MESSAGE / DIRECT MESSAGE (DM) to the Instagram account @cccmla_